- half a dozen blooming fringetrees
- a yellowwood ready to bloom
- a 70-foot tulip tree
- an enormous bottlebrush buckeye
- the scent of lilacs
- mature blackhaw viburnums just finishing bloom
- two lindens within two blocks of the house--I no longer need to be in Bulgaria to enjoy that intoxicating scent
- the fact that so many of the houses in town seem to be inhabited by gardeners--flowers everywhere.
a) requires frequent pruning and
b) smells like cat urine
is beyond me. And there is a hedge of them just outside the office window.