About Me

My photo
I'm a woman entering "the third chapter" and fascinated by the journey.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Snow Squirrel

I'm sure I've mentioned before that I am totally ready for winter to be over. It seems that getting away to Florida over the holidays has made me crave warmth, blue skies, and green, growing things even more than usual, so I must report being less than thrilled when Wednesday morning's view out the front door was this:

Beautiful in its own way, certainly, but not what I was in the mood for. The view out the back window was of more snow,






and while I like snow-covered hemlocks as well as anyone, I am ready to be outside digging in the (non-frozen) dirt.
We did, however, have a visitor who seemed perfectly content to rummage through the snow in search of buried goodies.
There's probably a metaphor somewhere in there.

No comments: