About Me

My photo
I'm a woman entering "the third chapter" and fascinated by the journey.

Monday, March 18, 2013

More spring teases

The calendar says that spring will be here in a few days, and I'm finally believing it, despite the cold grayness of the last couple of days. When I came home this afternoon, robins were tugging at dried grass in the front yard, so baby birds will no doubt be making their appearance soon. I also heard an unfamiliar bird song, and while I couldn't see the singer with sky, trees, birds, and all fading into gray, the shape and size indicated that perhaps the grackles are making their 2013 appearance.

Not only have the snow crocuses been blooming for a while, the bees are beginning to find them. 


The lonicera sempervirens is leafing out,

 and the striped maple has color in the buds.
 Best of all, our native dwarf iris are showing their colors.
Now if only the deer had left a little new growth on the (formerly) redbud.

No comments: