About Me

My photo
I'm a woman entering "the third chapter" and fascinated by the journey.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Late fall color

October is generally the best month for fall color in the places I have lived, but autumn is taking its own sweet time saying good-bye this year. (No complaints from me.) These pictures were taken in the Old Orchard neighborhood of Toledo on November 20.

First, of course, is the ubiquitous Bradford pear.

This now-invasive non-native is not a favored tree of mine, but it definitely has fall color. Luckily, the same block includes several red maples that have hung on nicely this year.
as have a few sugar maples.













I've no idea what this tree is, but its color really popped on a gray afternoon.
On the same block, these pastels lightened a shady grove next to the sidewalk.
And lest we forget what November usually looks like, the tracery of branches against an afternoon sky.

No comments: