- The first grackle of the year was scavenging under the bird feeder.
- I've only seen one junco in the last five days.
- The dogwood buds are showing color.
- Two robins were squabbling over a particularly choice bit of dried grass (but doesn't March 2 seem a bit early for nest-building in central West Virginia?)
- and...three daffodils are blooming in the garden across the street!
Friday, March 2, 2012
More signs of spring
For all that today is only the second day of March and the National Weather Service is predicting snow for Sunday, spring seems to be springing on Packard Street. I don't mean the crocuses, which are after all not called snow crocuses for nothing, but some real signs.